Rory McIlroy clinched his fifth Race to Dubai title before the final event even teed off at the Earth Course in Jumeirah Golf Estates. The Northern Irishman's exceptional season, highlighted by two Rolex Series victories, solidified his position at the front of the pack. Following last week’s Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa, he’d secured enough points to make it mathematically impossible for any competitor at the DP World Tour Championship to catch up.
McIlroy claimed the title in just nine DP World Tour starts this season which included two Rolex Series victories at the Hero Dubai Desert Classic and Genesis Scottish Open, and in doing so, becomes the first player in the Race to Dubai era to secure the title before the final event.
New Driver, Big Results
McIlroy continued to showcase his mastery off the tee during the DP World Tour Championship. Completing the tournament at 10-under par with rounds of 71-72-65-70, he finished second on the week in total driving distance at 323.9 yards.
With a stroke average of 68.88, only 0.13 higher than his record-setting year in 2022, McIlroy's performance stats for the 2023 DP World Tour season are noticeably impressive. Topping the charts in putts per GIR (1.69) and average putts per round (27.68), McIlroy averaged 4.65 birdies per round.
- Five Harry Vardon Trophies as the winner of the Race to Dubai, having previously won the award in 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2022.
- First player ever to secure the Race to Dubai title before the final event.
- McIlroy's stroke average of 68.88 in 2023 is a mere 0.13 higher than his record-setting 2022 season.
- He claimed victory twice on the DP World Tour this season, both in Rolex Series events, bringing his total DP World Tour victories to an impressive 16.
- Joining an elite group of legends, McIlroy shares company with Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson, having secured at least seven top 10 finishes in all four Major Championships.
- Since the PGA Championship in May, McIlroy has finished outside the top 10 only twice and is a combined 135-under-par.
Rory McIlroy WITB
- Qi10 LS 9.0 driver
- Stealth 2 Plus 15.0 3-wood
- Stealth Plus 19.0 5-wood
- P·760 4-iron
- Rors Proto 5-9 irons
- MG4 46° SB, 50° SB, 54° SB, 60° LB
- Spider X Hydro Blast
- TP5x golf ball
Kathryn Newton Plays A Par 5 With Brooke HendersonNovember 17, 2023
It's time to enter the world of sinking more putts with this simple tip from Chris RyanNovember 6, 2023
FLOP WALL Challenge With Wrexham A.F.C.November 3, 2023
Speedway to the Fairway | Max Verstappen and Checo Perez vs. Michael BlockOctober 31, 2023
Morikawa Shines at ZOZO ChampionshipOctober 22, 2023
Rickie Fowler And Tommy Fleetwood Play BOCCEOctober 16, 2023
Simple Tip to IMPROVE Your Fairway Wood Strike with Chris RyanOctober 11, 2023
Wrexham A.F.C Comes To The Kingdom At CarlsbadOctober 4, 2023
Hae Ran Ryu Wins Walmart NW Arkansas Championship with Stealth 2 Plus Driver and TP5 Golf BallOctober 2, 2023
Pin Seeking Accuracy Tip with Chris Ryan 🎯September 26, 2023
SPIDER IS BACK: First Look At The New Spider Tour PuttersSeptember 19, 2023
Rickie Fowler's Greenside Chipping TechniquesSeptember 8, 2023
Titta närmare | När det gäller nya P·790-järnklubborna kommer skönheten inifrånAugust 23, 2023
Ein Blick ins Innere | Bei den neuen P790-Eisen liegt die wahre Schönheit im InnerenAugust 22, 2023
Collin Morikawa And Tommy Fleetwood's Control Challenge | TaylorMade GolfAugust 18, 2023